Wednesday, July 28, 2010

He thinks I am amazing

So I have been dating this guy Bruce, for several months now... we have a lot of fun together, stimulating conversation, definite chemistry and man does he make me smile... and laugh! I used to think I was incapable of true laughter because I didn't seem to find anything anyone else thought was funny, funny. But thankfully he has proved me wrong!

You know how in the beginning of a relationship, friend or otherwise, you kinda hold back a little so you don't overwhelm them with the quirkiness others have come to love, instead of just find annoying...We have reached that point that I find myself allowing a little more of me to sneak out every time we are together. I feel like a stick of dynamite though... trying to let the wick burn slowly so he doesn't get the BOOM all at once. Hmmm...I kinda BOOMED tonight.

I totally exploded my day all over him. Told him all about the boy who is fighting with his parents and staying at my place right now, the conversation I had with him about learning life lessons and making better decisions, talking with the dad of this boy and not accepting the problems he was attempting to push on me, having the "talk" about rules, chores, food, finances etc with the boy who is living with our family this school year, making dinner for not only the 8 people in my home, but also my friend's family as I took her to the hospital after getting dinner in the oven. Sat with her until her husband came, went home and showered quickly so I didn't smell like my workout clothes when I went to meet Bruce, and verbally vomit all over him! Can you say WOW! It was a day.

I was of course talking a mile a minute, but he appeared to be following just fine. He did throw me off once with a "soooooo....", just trying to participate in some way. I laughed and moved on. When I finally stopped to take a breath, he asked how I did it all. I just told him it happened like that every once in a while and you just do it! He said I should rename my home the pound. I giggled because my friends Dave and Scott (who visited for dinner last night when there were 11 around the table) asked if I attracted every stray puppy dog around... too funny. So happy this home has become a safe and comfy gathering place.

So, I finished, took a breath and looked over at Bruce with him telling me to rename my house while grinning at me, and I worried for half a second that I had revealed too much and the dynamite had exploded!

Then he said I was amazing ...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for adding to my flow...