Sunday, September 12, 2010

MY LIFE IN CHAPTERS

If you know me at all, you know I live my life and express myself through not only songs and music, but stories from my past. I LOVE remembering the good stuff and I guess I keep it alive by sharing… so if you have ever shared a car ride, an afternoon at the park, a day at the mall or even a simple lunch with me, you have probably heard at least one story that helps you understand how I got where I am now… this beautiful path which I call my life! Now the point I want to make with that in mind… if you run across something you don’t quite understand about me, chances are you will either remember a story I have told you or experienced something on your own with me, which will help you try to make it right in your brain because you want to- because you care enough about who I am today, you are willing to search that which you know about who I used to be to reconcile the quirkiness and move on.

Not everyone is as open with the chapters of their life as I am. It is a blessing and a curse for me, so I understand those who choose to keep themselves to themselves. But there are times that I feel knowing a person’s story- who they used to be and how they got to the path they are currently following- that helps us understand WHY they are there, and even endears us to them because we can feel compassion for them. “Walk a mile” so to speak.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for adding to my flow...